Header - www.1040-forms.com
Home Page
What Is a 1040 Form?
Form 4868 Application for Extension To File
Publication 17
Tax Guide For Individuals
1040 and Instructions
1040 A and Instructions
1040 ES and Instructions
1040 EZ and Instructions
1040 Schedule A
Itemized Deductions
1040 Schedule B
Interest, Dividends and Foreign Accounts and Trusts - With Instructions
1040 Schedule C
and Instructions
1040 Schedule D
Capital Gains and Losses with Instructions
1040 Schedule SE
Self Employment Tax
and Instructions
1040 X
Draft of Amended Income Tax Return
Tax Bracket Changes 2014
ATRA Tax Increase 39.6%
Free Printable
2014 Monthly Calendar
Free Printable
2015 Monthly Calendar
2014 IRS Mileage Tax Deduction Allowance
Original 1913
1040 Form

 The IRS began in 1913
Sales Tax List - By State
1099 Forms - Complete

IRS Form 1040EZ

Form 1040ez download and print here.

Form 1040ez Instructions download and print here.

Even if you can use the Form 1040EZ you may be better off using the 1040A or 1040 instead.

One reason is that you can claim the head of household filing status only on the 1040A or 1040. That situation usually ends up giving you a lower tax to pay than if you file as single.

Filing Single:
You can use the 1040EZ if, on December 31 of the tax year you were one or more of the following.

  • Never married

  • Legally separated according to your state law, under a decree of divorce or separate maintenance

  • Widowed before January 1 of the previous year and did not remarry in the tax year.

Married Filing Jointly
You use this filing status when any of these apply:

  • You were married at the end of the tax year even if you did not live with your spouse at the end of the tax year.

  • Your spouse died during the tax year, and you did not remarry during the tax year.

  • You were married during the tax year, and your spouse died in the following year before you filed the previous tax year's return.

If you were a non-resident alien at any time during the tax year, your filing status must be married filing jointly to use Form 1040EZ.

If your status is not married filing jointly, you may have to use Form 1040NR or Form 1040 NR-EZ


By Roger Chartier